With the purchase of this product you will receive a digital or paperback version of our sewing book “My Hobby Horse & me”. If you choose the digital version, you will receive the book as a PDF file for instant download after payment. You can also order the book as a paperback book which will be send to you via post. In both cases, the book comes with the stick horse pattern for Hobby Horse HOPE, but also includes instructions for lots of Hobby Horse accessoires and even two clothing sewing patterns. All downloads that come with the book (patterns, embroidery designs, cutting files) need to be downloaded, no matter if digital or softcover version of the book.
Highlights of the hobby horse book
Curtain up for our very own kullaloo DIY Hobby Horse book, designed and written with lots of love ♥ On 144 colorful pages you will find:
- Instructions & pattern for Hobby Horse “HOPE” with sewn-on appliqué nostrils or sewn-in 3D nostrils
- Sewing patterns with different 3 seam allowance options: 1/8″ (3 mm), 1/4″ (0.7 cm), 3/8″ (1 cm) or without seam allowance
- Embroidery designs and cutting files for eyes and nostrils
- Many tips & videos, e.g. for painting & shading (videos from our Youtube channel)
- Sewing instructions for blankets, ear bonnets, fly veils, fur pads etc.
- Instructions for making halters, bridles (including grackle bridle, hackamore & martingale), bits and many other accessories
- With pattern sheets for download and print out yourself, clothing pattern size US 5-16
All instructions in our Hobby Horse book are very detailed and equipped with many pictures, so that even beginners can sew these magical stick ponies!
- Digital version: Illustrated sewing instructions as a PDF file (144 pages, language: English, size: US letter)
- Paperback version: Paperback book with illustrated sewing instructions (148 pages, language: English, size: US letter)
- BOTH versions: .ZIP file with sewing patterns, embroidery designs and cutting files
- Should be downloaded and unpacked on a computer as mobile phones may not be able to unpack the zip file
- Sewing pattern with different seam allowance options: 1/8″ (3 mm), 1/4″ (0.7 cm), 3/8″ (1 cm) or without seam allowance, can be shown or hidden using layers in Adobe Acrobat
Some more details
In our book you will not only find a stick horse pattern “HOPE” (with appliquéd or sewn-in nostrils), but also many ideas and instructions for creating accessories. This includes halters and lead ropes as well as simple and grackle bridles, hackamores and martingales. Not to mention various blankets, riding crops, tournament bows, fly fringes and ear bonnets. Also included are DIY instructions for a pallet horse stable and flexible bar jumps. As a special icing on the cake, there are two clothing patterns in sizes US 5-16 for hobby horsing: sporty leggings and a shirt in the typical equestrian look. All patterns need to be downloaded and printed out by yourself! We provide US letter (8.5×11″) and A4 (21×29.7 cm) sized sheets, and we also offer ARCH E (36×48″) and A0 (84.1×118.9 cm) formats for large printers e.g. in copy shops.
For owners of an embroidery machine, the face elements of the stick horses are available in different variants as embroidery designs for download. If you own a digital cutting machine like Cricut or Silhouette, we also provide you cutting files with which you can cut eyes and nostrils from a heat transfer vinyl. And last but not least, you can download various Hobby Horse motifs and statements as cutting files to embellish your clothing.
Can the instructions for accessories included in the book also be used for our stick horse pattern HOLLY?
Yes! However, HOLLY has a larger nape and thicker neck area overall. That’s why you have to increase the length of the individual straps by about 1 inch (2-3 cm) for halters and bridles. It is best to always check the lengths directly on the horse, then nothing should go wrong!